ERI is the leading recycler of e-waste in the U.S. Founded in 2002, ERI’s Chairman and CEO, John Shegerian, believes the company got to where it is today thanks to a strict dedication to its “green DNA.”
Shegerian and his team of green industry All-Star employees have labored to keep ERI a totally green organization — from developing and building the world’s largest electronic waste shredder and a fleet of hybrid vehicles used by the sales team, to the electric forklifts used on the shop floor and the precise methodology used to recycle the thousands of tons of electronic waste that pass through the company’s doors daily. Even the furniture used in house is made from recycled materials.
Everyone is part of the solution.
Now the largest recycler of electronic waste in the world, Fresno, California-headquartered ERI is licensed to de-manufacture and recycle televisions, computer monitors, computers and other types of electronic equipment.
ERI processes more than 250 million pounds of electronic waste annually at its locations in California, North Carolina, Washington, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts and Texas. ERI operates the largest, most efficient and highest-capacity shredder in North America. The recycler’s two state-of-the-art slow-speed shredder components are capable of handling more than 15,000 pounds of electronic waste per hour.
ERI continues to grow due to its commitment and guarantee to nothing less than maximum sustainability at the most favorable economic model. ERI focuses daily on minimizing costs and maximizing revenue by working closely with its customers. Customers assign more of their business to ERI each year, as ERI works daily on maximum sustainability that is transparent and well-documented.
All of ERI’s facilities are R2 certified as well as certified as e-Stewards by the Basel Action Network, having passed rigorous audits to demonstrate the highest standards of environmental responsibility and employee safety. ERI keeps everything above ground, and passes all reclaimed materials to smelters for reuse and repurposing.
ERI: The One-Stop Electronic Recycling Solution
- Largest electronic waste recycler in the U.S.
- Maximum economic model for ERI customers
- #1 U.S. market share = economics of scale
- Best value in the e-waste industry
- More than 250 million pounds recycled annually
- ERI’s primary specialty is the environmentally safe and socially responsible dismantling of electronic waste
- 100 percent recycled
- Best value in the e-waste industry
- Nothing is illegally exported to other nations
- No electronics placed in landfills
- 8 U.S. locations
- California, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas and Washington
- Unrivaled logistics network
- Highest capacity and most technologically advanced e-waste shredding system in North America
- Maximizes economic benefit
- Maximizes commodity return
- Highest and best environmental practices
- BAN – Basel Action Network (co-founder)
- ISO 14001
- ISO 9001
- EPA Certification
- OSHA Gold Circle winner
- Waste Reduction Award winner 2006-2008
- Cradle to Cradle accountability – maximum tracking documentation
ERI services the following industries
- State and local governments
- Commercial and local residents
- Financial institutions
- Fortune 500 companies
- Manufacturers and retailers
ERI performs the following services
- End-of-life electronic recycling
- Manufacturer responsibility recycling programs
- IT asset disposition
- Asset registration
- Asset sanitization
- Commodity aggregation and disposition
- Storage (resell)
- In-store take-back recycling solutions
- In-store returns recycling solutions