ERI is able to safely recycle the following PV equipment:
- PV modules (mono or polycrystalline, thin-film, shingle-type, etc.)
- Inverters or microinverters
- Racking equipment or trackers
Recycling a solar panel can be broken down into three basic steps:
- Remove the frame and junction box (a mechanical process)
- Separate the glass from the silicon wafer (a thermal, mechanical or chemical process)
- Separate and purify the silicon and various metals (a chemical and electrical process)
Project end-of-life management services are designed for the recovery and handling of equipment and for the removal and recovery or large installation units. Our teams, from logistics through to processing, are specially trained to handle solar panels.
Solar panel disposal must be more than throwing old PV modules, inverters, and wires into the trash. Solar panels contain items that can be reused and turned into new things. The best solar recycling program starts by understanding how solar panels are made.
Whether you’re a homeowner with a photovoltaic solar panel array that is reaching end-of-life, or you’re a manufacturer who is looking at the best practices for recycling silicon solar panels, ERI is ready to help you with your recycling needs.